Monday, May 20, 2013

Stranded

Okay, just to get things straight; the beetles in the bed were not my fault. It just so happens that the poor darlings were homeless and shivering with the cruel, cold sea breeze wafting across the deck (we were on a cruise to the Bahamas). I figured that my mother would be pleased to see (or rather feel) that a kind, lonely family had found a place where they could feel truly welcome at last. This explains why I snatched the family of beetles up and plopped them into my mother's feather bed upon finding them. However, I can neither confirm nor deny that I smiled when I heard her shriek at the top of her lungs. Fine, I was laughing so hard the entire cruise ship could hear me. But still, how was I supposed to know that my mother's main ticklish spot (her feet) were the ideal spot for a beetle family picnic?

No comments:

Post a Comment